Extension Office - 812-738-4236
County Extension Director: Miranda Ulery
Agriculture: Miranda Ulery
4-H: Rebecca Wilkins
Heath & Human Services: Annette Lawler
Community Development: Annette Lawler
4-H President: Sarah Cline
Extension Board President: Richard Book
Agriculture-Horticulture Products -Home Economic Products
Co-Superintendent - Wanda Chinn 812-736-0457
Co-Superintendent-Shelia Jackson 502-592-9035
Judge: To be announced
Monday, June 19 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
A variety of items can be entered to be judged in the Homecomer's Hall at the Harrison County Fairgrounds. Note: Canned items MUST be in clear glass jars, no colored jars.
9 AM to 2 PM: Agriculture and Horticulture Project entries accepted at Homecomer's Hall
9 AM to 2 PM: Home Economic, Fine Art, Textile Product entries accepted at Windell Ag. Building
9 AM to 2 PM: Weigh In Biggest Vegetable Contest, entries accepted at Homecomer's Hall.
Monday, June 19, starting at 2:30 PM: Perishable foods, flowers, fruits & vegetable projects will be judged.
Tuesday morning, June 20: Crafts and canned items will be judged.
Saturday, June 24 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Monday, June 19- 6-6:30 pm - Container Gardening
Wednesday, June 21 - 6-6:30 pm - Carefree Gardening
Thursday, June 22 - 6-6:30 pm - Healthy Gardens
Monday: Biggest Vegetable Contest
Tuesday: Coloring Contest 4-8 pm
Wednesday: Coloring Contest 4-8 pm
Thursday: Cherry Pie Contest 1-2 pm
Thursday: Coloring Contest 4-8 pm
Enter your extra large vegetables at the Homecomers' Hall
Monday ~ June 19
9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
CABBAGE: 24 LBS: JUSTIN & AMBER TINDALL
CANTALOUPE: 20 LBS: DENNIS SIMCOE
POTATO: 1.5 LBS: BEVERLY DODDS
PUMPKIN: 80 LBS: LUKE McRAE
TOMATO: 3.1 LBS: DENNIS SIMCOE
WATERMELON: 45 LBS: ARLIS COFFMAN
CUCUMBER: 8 LBS: DENNIS SIMCOE
SUMMER SQUASH: 6.7 LBS: ROY COLE
Tuesday ~ June 20. Wednesday ~ June 21 and Thursday ~ June 22
4:00 to 8:00 PM - Homecomers' Hall
Ages: (birth to 4 years) (5 to 10 years) (11 to 18 years)
Coloring pages will be available onsite.
Finished pictures will be displayed after judging.
Ten trophies will be awarded.
Trophies sponsored by Todd Uhl, President of the Indiana State Fair
Contest closed at 8:00 PM. Judging to take place at 8:00 PM.
Winners will be announced at 9:00 PM at the grandstand show.
Need not be present to win.
Sponsored by the Harrison County Extension Homemakers
Thursday, June 22
1. Baker must enter whole homemade cherry pie in 8”, 9” or 10” pan (pan will not be returned.
2. See above Article 20 in Rules for Exhibition concerning Food Safety issues.
3. Recipes must accompany entries.
4. Entries to be brought to Talmage Windell Memorial Ag. Bldg. on Thursday, between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. Late entries will not be accepted. Judging will be at 2:30 p.m.
5. A first, second and third prize will be awarded.
6. Contest is open to all Harrison County residents and Harrison County Extension Homemakers.
7. After judging, pies will be auctioned off with the benefits going to the Harrison County Extension Homemakers Scholarship Fund and to the Harrison County Extension Homemakers General Fund.
1ST PLACE PATTY FUNK PURCHASED BY BILLY THOMAS-EDWARD JONES $350.
2ND PLACE ISABELLE ABNER PURCHASED BY HARRISON CO REPUBLICAN PARTY $110.
3RD PLACE WANDA CHINN PURCHASED BY KAREN ENGLEMAN FOR STATE $165. REPRESENTATIVE-DISTRCIT 70