Below is the information and schedule for the Queen Contest
1. You should arrive at the Harrison County Purdue Extension Office, 247 Atwood Drive, Corydon, IN, 47112 at 3:00 on Saturday, June 17th. The actual judging begins at 3:30. However, this will give you time to freshen up prior to the judging. We will also have time to answer any questions.
2. A female friend or mother may accompany you for support and to help you prepare for each event. However, she will not be allowed to see the interviews or be in the room for the competition.
3. Wear minimal jewelry, if any.
4. Your shoes should be 2" heels or sandals. A pump is preferred because they are more comfortable, easier to walk in, and will flatter your legs.
5. Practice smiling!! Think of something that delights you. A sincere, easy smile will be points in your favor.
6. The winning contestant must be prepared to attend the fair every night throughout the week. Remember to wear appropriate clothing and conduct yourselves in an adult-like manner. Also, do not walk around the fairgrounds alone at any time. When you go to your car, if you do not have someone with you, go to the fair secretary's office and someone will walk you to your car.
7. It is the Queen's responsibility to attend the Indiana State Fair in Indianapolis in January to compete in the pageant there. Members of the Fair Board will be willing to assist you in preparations for this event. Details about the State Fair will be given to the Queen.
Monday, June 12, 2017
10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Practice & Photographs: Talmage Windell Memorial Ag. Building at Harrison Co. Fairgrounds
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Practice: Talmage Windell Memorial Ag. Building at Harrison Co. Fairgrounds
Saturday, June 17, 2017
3:00 p.m. Arrival Harrison County Purdue Extension Office, 247 Atwood Drive, Corydon, Indiana 47112
3:30-5:30 p.m. Vote for Miss Congeniality
5:30-6:00 p.m. Break
7:00-8:30 p.m. Open to the public, Professional Wear Judging, Evening Gown Judging
Sunday, June 18, 2017
5:00 p.m. Line up for Parade, Arrive in Evening Gown at old Keller parking lot
5:30 p.m. Parade Begins The lucky winner of the 2017 Harrison County Fair Queen Contest must be prepared to attend fair activities. She must attend the Fair every night. She will view 4-H projects, attend grandstand events, and give out trophies for events. The Queen will be invited to all fair activities.
When the Queen attends the Fair, she will be expected to carry herself in an adult-like manner at all times. She will also be expected to dress appropriately for all the events she attends.
It is the Queen's good fortune to attend the Indiana State Fair to compete in the contest there. Details for this will be given to the winner.
Thank you for entering! We hope everyone has a great experience!
Click here for the 2017 Queen's Contest Entry Form